Re: [opensuse-buildservice] python naming standard?
  • From: Jonh Arson <jonharson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:17:28 -0500
On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 16:11 +0100, Claes Bäckström wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am in the start to try to build some stuff in the buildservice. I
> wonder if there is a naming standard to name the python libraries.
> What I'm thinking about packaging is pychm
> http://gnochm.sourceforge.net/pychm.html but I wonder if I should name
> the package pychm or python-chm.
>
> And is there any good simple python package to look at to get tips
> about cross distribution packaging or do you think it's better to get
> it working for suse first and then get it working for other distros?
>
> Warm Regards,
> Claes Backstrom

You might want to take a look at
http://jarpack.com/suse/10.2/RPMS/src/python-chm-0.8.4-3.src.rpm

just %if the egg.info over if not building for python 2.5 (am a lazy
bast and just removed it by hand when i built it for 10.1/10.0)

--
Why do we human have to sleep, so much wasted cycle. -Zombie coder
Jonh Arson <jonharson@xxxxxxxxx>