Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Suggestion for Buildservice web interface
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:31:37 +0100
On Thursday, 1. February 2007 15:40, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Andreas Bauer wrote:
> > > b) I think "gem install -y rails" should be replace by "install
> > > gem-rails" package.
> >
> > Both options work.
>
> Sure, but only one keeps track of installed files using RPM :-) Same as
> for Perl and CPAN, isn't it?

True. I'll change the paragraph to something like 'when binary packages for
your distribution are available use those, else use gem install ...'

> > > The deployment:
> > > a) Why using named SVN access for the data download. Anonymous access
> > > would also work for me and others. As I understand it it is only to get
> > > data and not to make a real working copy. Anonymous SVN should be the
> > > best option.
> >
> > You don't need to deploy when you're developing locally. The rails
> > applications bring their own web server, which can be run from the
> > checkout directory. This seems to be not clear in the readme, I'll try to
> > make it more obvious.
>
> So now I'm totally confused. I have the web frontend running, but how
> do I connect it to api.opensuse.org, so that login and data access is done
> there?

You have to change the FRONTEND_HOST constant
in /srv/www/obs/webclient/config/environments/development.rb.

--
Andreas Bauer - Novell - SUSE Internal Tools