Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Suggestion for Buildservice web interface
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:34:14 +0100
On Tuesday, 30. January 2007 11:27, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> Ok, first results, please tell me how to proceed:
>
> Fixes in README.devel:
> a) gem install switchtower does not work. It seems this has been replaced
> with Capistrano. At least I got a step further with "gem install
> capistrano".

True, I'll update the readme.

> b) I think "gem install -y rails" should be replace by "install gem-rails"
> package.

Both options work.

> The deployment:
> a) Why using named SVN access for the data download. Anonymous access
> would also work for me and others. As I understand it it is only to get
> data and not to make a real working copy. Anonymous SVN should be the best
> option.

You don't need to deploy when you're developing locally. The rails
applications bring their own web server, which can be run from the checkout
directory. This seems to be not clear in the readme, I'll try to make it more
obvious.

> Everything else:
> a) I got the webclient running. But it accepts any login/password
> combination without error. At http://localhost:3000/ shows the start page
> with user "dstoecker" logged in. Clicking on home project fails with
> Error Details:
> Errorcode: 500
> Message: Failed to establish connection: Address family not supported by
> protocol - socket(2)
>
> Exception from Webclient:
> ActiveXML::Transport::ConnectionError: Failed to establish connection:
> Address family not supported by protocol - socket(2)
> Stack Trace:
> b) When doing rake deploy in webclient dir I get following:
> - Why does it try to access /u/? Running the webclient as normal user
> works, why accessing anything in /?.

/u is the default path where switchtower tries to deploy. As mentioned
earlier, you don't need to. To get it to work anyway, you would have to
modify the settings in webclient/config/deploy.rb.template and save it as
deploy.rb.

--
Andreas Bauer - Novell - SUSE Internal Tools