Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to add more workers?
  • From: Marcel Ritter <Marcel.Ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:09:21 +0100

Robert Schiele schrieb:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 04:29:06PM +0100, Marcel Ritter wrote:
>> Now I'd like to add more build clients, to speed things up, but I
>> could not find hints about how to do this. Perhaps someone may
>> help?
>
> 1. Change the URLs in /usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm from
> localhost to the name/ip the server can be accessed from other
> machines.
>
> 2. Restart the server.
>
> 3. Install the worker RPM on the new machine and set
> OBS_STORAGE_SERVER in /etc/sysconfig/obs-worker to the name/ip:port
> of the server.
>
> That's all.

Thanx! Works great ... how about adding those lines to the obs-api/README?

I think it'd be nice to have all config parameters (like the above
ones) in separate
config files instead of the code. So why not move those settings to
/etc/sysconfig/... ?

And something more: I've been looking for some slides showing the
communication
relationship between the different build service daemons/hosts ... I
only found some
FOSDEM slides with a very rough overview, but I still don't get the
whole picture.

Could you please provide this information (perhaps in future
documentation)?

Thanx,
Marcel
> Robert

- --
- ----
Dipl.-Inf. Marcel Ritter
Linux/Novell
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
Tel: 09131 / 85-29958
E-Mail: Marcel.Ritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- ----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.