Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cross distribution RPM files special settings 2
  • From: "Hillier, Gernot" <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:39:22 +0100
Hi!

Am Montag, 29. Januar 2007 18:09 schrieb Michael Schroeder:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 04:43:17PM +0100, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
> > - The Suse build service builds RPM's for Debian and xUbuntu. What's the
> > aim of RPM packages for .deb-based distributions?
>
> Dunno, it's just a fallback I implemented. You can use "alien" to
> convert them into .deb packages, if you feel adventurous.

Or you can at first start by adding a .dsc file and having a Debian
debian/rules file in your sources as usual Debian packages do. Then you'll
end up with a natively build .deb which is probably what you intended.

See e.g.
http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=debootstrap&project=Slind

--
Bye,