[opensuse-buildservice] Fwd: matplotlib and opensuse 10.2
  • From: "David Strozzi" <david.strozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:11:19 -0800
[I posted this message on 26 Jan (California time) and it never got through...]

Hi,

Now that I've gotten numpy and scipy to work (thanks!), I can't get
matplotlib to display anything. I recall having problems with
opensuse's python and Tcl/Tk programs, like idle, in the past. I
installed python-idle and, python-tk from the 10.2 repo, and now idle
runs fine (beforehand, idle wasn't on the system). I then try to
following:

from pylab imort *
plot([1,2,3,4])
show()

From either idle or vanilla python from the shell, I get nothing. A
window with the plot should be created. So this is a bit mysterious.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
David