Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cross distribution RPM files special settings
  • From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:47:45 -0500
Hi,

Dirk Stoecker wrote:
The wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/cross_distribution_package_how_to
does not really help to fix the problem I have with my package. I need to select "netcdf3" for Debian and Ubuntu, where Suse needs "netcdf".

One thing I would like to see is for the build service to support multiple spec files, so I could say "foo-suse.spec" for building package "foo" on SUSE-based distros and "foo-fedora.spec" for Fedora-based distros.

The main use case for this would be packages that are packaged radically differently between distros; the downside is that I would have to make changes in two places, yes, but those spec files would be a lot cleaner and easier to edit.

On another somewhat related note, it would be helpful to have multiple spec files in a project which share the same source and probably most of the same patches, but which produce different packages for whatever reason.

Joe