Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Complete openSUSE Build Service under GPL available
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:16:26 +0100
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 01:47:45PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
> If you have an idea this would be welcome. Otherwise I will look into this
> myself at a later time.

Ok, the bug is that the web frontend submits a XML file with an empty "path"
element like:

| <project name='102' created='2007-01-24T21:04:02+01:00' updated='2007-01-24T21:04:02+01:00'>
| <title>openSUSE 10.2</title>
| <description>openSUSE 10.2</description>
| <person role='maintainer' userid='robert'/>

Obviously the empty "path" element breaks
frontend/app/models/db_project.rb:151 for selecting non-existent sub-elements.

Thus the web frontend does submit a broken xml file and the API implementation
does lack proper error handling here.

Adrian, this means the way you documented to setup the initial buildserver
repositories does not work that way. Currently the only way I see is
submitting the correct XML file manually.

BTW: It would be really helpful for debugging if design documents like
database entity relationship diagrams and class diagrams were available
to understand the semantical meaning of the various parts of the
implementation. Or was the design phase just completely skipped while
developing the code?

Honestly there is a very high barrier to understand code that was not
usable from outside the Novell development group if it lacks structured
semantical design documentation completely.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxx