Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Complete openSUSE Build Service under GPL available
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:22:42 +0100
Am Wednesday 24 January 2007 21:26 schrieb Robert Schiele:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 03:24:29PM +0100, Adrian Schroeter wrote:
> > Everybody is invited to join the public development there.
>
> So first about documentation in README.SETUP:
>
> It says:
> | 2. start the workers
> | ====================
> | The workers ask the backend for open build jobs and do the build.
> | You need to install the "obs-server" package for this.
>
> Obviously this must be "obs-worker" here, not "obs-server".

right, fixed in my copy ...

> There is one vital chapter missing in this document and I also couldn't
> find it somewhere else:
>
> How does one bootstrap build targets? To add a target/repository to a
> project I am asked for a target to base this on. So I initially need a
> base repository with binary RPMs for one distribution. Where do I have to
> copy the RPMs? Is there more to configure?

Right ... I consider currently to pre-define a 10.2 project inside of the
packages as a base, but what about such a description:

4. Setup initial distributions
==============================

The OBS does need some base projects and packages to start the building. You
can
setup it for example in this way to build for openSUSE 10.2:

* Create an "openSUSE:10.2" project
* Add a repository, for example called "standard"
A resulting project xml file should look alike this one:

<project name="openSUSE:10.2">
<repository status='disabled' name='standard'>
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>
<title>the openSUSE 10.2 distribution</title>
<description></description>
</project>

The status='disabled' will stop any builds inside of this project, but it can
be used
anyway as a base in other projects.

Afterwards you need to copy the rpms from the base distribution to the
/srv/obs/rpms/openSUSE:10.2/standard/i586/:full/
directory. You can create the directory, if it does not exist. After copying
all i586 and noarch rpms inside of it you need to trigger the reading of the
directory of the scheduler. The easiest way to achieve this is to restart it.

Last but not least you need to copy the distribution configuration to define
how
a base distribution needs to get setup. These configurations for SUSE are part
of the
build rpm.

# cp /usr/lib/build/configs/sl10.2.conf /srv/obs/projects/openSUSE:10.2.conf

The project is now ready to be used as a base for other projects.