Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debuginfo packages
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:44:49 +0100
On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 01:38:25PM +0100, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
> On 2007-01-18 12:26:29 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:28:15AM +0100, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> > > why do some packages are built with debuginfo and some not?
> > >
> > > See
> > > http://software.opensuse.org/download/openSUSE:/Tools/SUSE_Linux_10.1/i586/
> > > for example
> > >
> > > Is it correct that debuginfo builds are currently not supported in
> > > general by the buildservice?
> >
> > Automatic generation of debuginfo packages (i.e. automatic
> > insertion of %debug_package) is currently not supported. We plan
> > to make it configurable in the project config.
>
> you should mention that -g was removed from the optflags aswell.
>
> so you need
> %debug_package
>
> and
> %build
> export CFLAGS="%{optflags} -g"
> export CXXFLAGS="%{optflags} -g"
> %configure
>
> to get usable debuginfo packages.

Thanks.

I understand that for now I can't use one source for autobuild and
buildservice builds, because the %debug_package is only needed and
accepted in the buildservice. That's inconvenient, but having it
configurable later in the future sounds promising.

> i still think we should have a project wide, or even per package option
> to enable/disable automatic debuginfo packages generation. and i dont
> have a problem that it is off per default. Even forcefully disabled for
> some project (hello kde;) would be ok for me.

Yes, that sounds fine.

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)