Re: Fwd: [opensuse-buildservice] Setting up own build server
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:44:30 +0100
Am Monday 15 January 2007 22:47 schrieb Samuel Partida:
> 2007/1/15, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
> > Am Monday 15 January 2007 18:06 schrieb Rafal Kwasny:
> > > On 1/15/07, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > Setting up unofficial BuildService for repositories like packman etc
> > > can be very usefull. As far as i am concerned BS is located in
> > > Germany, and so far there are no patent laws in European Union - what
> > > lawyers think of it?
> >
> > The openSUSE Build Service is located in Germany, but inside of a Novell
> > company (SUSE), which is a US company, so we are under the US law.
> >
> > bye
> > adrian
> >
> > --
> >
> > Adrian Schroeter
> > SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> > email: adrian@xxxxxxx

> So openSuSE could be affected with US software patents?

Yes, with all that are "applicable". That are not all, but enough to cause
some trouble.

IIRC, someone created a wiki page in en.opensuse.org explaining the
problematic parts.

And, btw, do not accept to buy a mp3 player which has no ogg/vorbis
support ! :)
/me just struggles that his Nokia cell phone is not able to play them ...

bye
adrian