Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking packages from SUSE:SL-10.1
  • From: Lars Rupp <lrupp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:37:25 +0100 (CET)
Hi Gernot

Am Fr 12.01.2007 12:33 schrieb "Hillier, Gernot" <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Sorry, but I don't understand that argument. I want to compile a
> package
> against /opensuse/distribution/SL-10.0-OSS/inst-source-java. So I
> would like
> to add the binary packages from there as a sort of "build repository".
> In the
> same way as SUSE adds all the distro versions like Fedora Core, Debian
> etc.
>
> build won't need the Source RPM of java while building my RPM, but
> only the
> binary one. So why do I have to build Java first?
>
> It's actually not really a problem for me as I just added the needed
> 30 Java
> packages to my home repository finally. But it was definitely a waste
> of
> build server power, bandwith, storage and finally time...

Yes, you're right!
Michael has improved the build service with the "Aggregate"
functionallity for this.
Currently I don't know if osc supports this feature.

But you just need a placeholder package and in there a file named
"_aggregate". For example:
<aggregatelist>
<aggregate project="SL-10.0-OSS">
<package>java</package>
</aggregate>
</aggregatelist>

I' add a complete example to the documentation as soon as possible.

Hint: An "osc checkout home:mlschroe" seems always a good idea. ;-)

Greetings,
Lars