Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to deal with osc build?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:40:20 +0100
On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:52:36AM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zaterdag 30 december 2006 10:35, schreef u:
> > You need to build in the current directory, which should be a buildsystem
> > checkout. (Local modifications are fine.)
>
> Aha :) Now that is clear.
>
> The information is in the 'osc help build' output, but that made it not clear
> to me. It currently states:
> "You need to call the command inside a package directory." Perhaps it can be
> extended, with your explanation? Like:
> "You need to call the command inside a package directory, which should be a
> buildsystem checkout. (Local modifications are fine.)"

That makes sense, yes. I'll fix it.

> Is it possible to use 'osc build' for a repository that is not present yet? I
> currently get:

In theory it is possible to build a package which does not exist in a
project yet. In practice, osc doesn't know how to do that but I'll fix
it in the future.

Thanks,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
< Previous Next >