Re: [opensuse-buildservice] preliminary osc patch to add "createpacfromsrcrpm" cmd
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:53:58 +0100
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 11:46:45AM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> Am Thursday 21 December 2006 11:45 schrieb Bernhard Walle:
> > * Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-12-21 11:25]:

> > > Yeah, that looks like a good idea. Came to my mind after sending the
> > > patch, too. I'll try to integrate it ASAP - perhaps sooner if I get a
> > > feedback from the osc team that my patch might be worth for inclusion.
> > > :-)
> >
> > Why not just using unrpm? That's what I use normally (when I not use
> > mc :)).
>
> You need a Requires: build for that, but I think this makes sense for osc
> anyway.

No, it makes less sense than I initially thought. Experience shows that
lots of people install osc and are confused by the requirement to also
get another package (and a specific version of it, which is only in the
buildservice before 10.2), and lots of people don't want to build
packages at all and don't bother. Therefore I removed the requirement
again, and osc instead tells you what you need when you call its build
subcommand, after checking for the presence of a sufficiently new
version of build.rpm.

Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
< Previous Next >