Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to deal with osc build?
  • From: Richard Bos <ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:52:36 +0100
Op zaterdag 30 december 2006 10:35, schreef u:
> > I have the packages on a DVD that came Januari 2007 issue of linuxformat.
> > I execute osc in: /media/LXFDVD88A/Fedora/RPMS
> >
> > Is this
> > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2006-09/msg00133.html
> > information available on the opensuse wiki?
>
> You need to build in the current directory, which should be a buildsystem
> checkout. (Local modifications are fine.)

Aha :) Now that is clear.

The information is in the 'osc help build' output, but that made it not clear
to me. It currently states:
"You need to call the command inside a package directory." Perhaps it can be
extended, with your explanation? Like:
"You need to call the command inside a package directory, which should be a
buildsystem checkout. (Local modifications are fine.)"

Is it possible to use 'osc build' for a repository that is not present yet? I
currently get:
$ osc build Fedora_Core_5 i586 gramps.spec
Getting buildinfo from server
Error: can't
get 'https://api.opensuse.org/rpm/home:rbos/Fedora_Core_5/i586/gramps/buildinfo'
HTTP Error 404: Not Found
wrong repo/arch?

I don't want to add Fedora_Core_5 (or 4 or 6 ;)) now on the BS, as I have to
adjust all the other packages.... I first want to test the spec file
locally...

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless