Re: [opensuse-buildservice] preliminary osc patch to add "createpacfromsrcrpm" cmd
  • From: Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:46:33 +0100
Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 21. Dezember 2006 11:46 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
> Am Thursday 21 December 2006 11:45 schrieb Bernhard Walle:
> > * Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-12-21 11:25]:

> > > Yeah, that looks like a good idea. Came to my mind after sending the
> > > patch, too. I'll try to integrate it ASAP - perhaps sooner if I get a
> > > feedback from the osc team that my patch might be worth for inclusion.
> > >
> > > :-)
> >
> > Why not just using unrpm? That's what I use normally (when I not use
> > mc :)).
>
> You need a Requires: build for that, but I think this makes sense for
> osc anyway.

Hmmm...

# cat `which unrpm`
#! /bin/bash
[...]
for f in $FILES; do
if test "$QUIET" = "false" ; then
echo -ne "$f:\t"
fi
rpm2cpio $f | cpio ${CPIO_OPTS}
done
[...]

Hmmm - I'm not really sure where the benefit lies in calling "rpm2cpio | cpio"
from a shell script instead of calling it directly...

--
Ciao,

Gernot