Re: [opensuse-buildservice] preliminary osc patch to add "createpacfromsrcrpm" cmd
  • From: "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:15:40 -0300
Em Sáb, 2006-12-16 às 12:32 +0100, Gernot Hillier escreveu:

> As I needed a quick way to create packages from Source RPMs, I thought about
> controlling osc from a shell script first. But then, I found the TODO entry -

Nice patch! I already have a bash script to make this conversion, with
less comands.

Looks like you're converting rpm->cpio in a tmp file then extracting.
Why not just piping the two commands?

rpm2cpio <file> | cpio -idv

With -v you can also get the file list on a 'popen3' like clause (popen3
is Perl, I don't know if it exists in python) and so you don't need to
list the dir to guess the spec file name (earning some microsecs).

Well, I guess I don't have any more suggestions for now, since I don't
have enough time to properly test the patch.

But it sure looks pretty cool! Congratulations! :)

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Maceio/AL/BR %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net | http://smartpm.org %