[opensuse-buildservice] Improving the SLED : SDK : Extra repository?
  • From: "jay migliaccio" <jaymig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:20:31 -0800
Hello hackers!

I am working with EDU customers who are standardizing on SLED -
and interested to use some open source applications, on top of SLED.

I have started a Education:desktop project - and am working with them
to build a repository for SLED of applications that they need. Think of
this
as an EDU Desktop Apps Addon CD projects.

The biggest challenge for us - is that some of the packages we
are trying to compile need additional libraries that are not available in
SLED,
or SLE-SDK. Fortunatly some of you have created SLE:SDK:Extras,
but in my case - I need even more libraries than are available in there.
(ie: python-sqlite2<http://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=python-sqlite2&project=Education%3Adesktop>
).

Is anyone else hitting that limitation too?

Is it better to get the SLE:SDK:Extras repository extended, or to
create, yet another repository (ie: SDK:Extras:more)?

Suggestions or solutions are welcome.

- Jay Migliaccio