[opensuse-buildservice] Requesting an account
  • From: Carlos Gonçalves <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:55:39 +0000
Hi all.

I'm here to request a build service account. As you requested on opensuse.org
here goes some stuffs about me and about what I intend to package:

My name is Carlos Gonçalves and I live in Portugal (yeah, that little European
country forgoten by some). I'm a SUSEPT moderator (¹), a wiki and openSUSE
(distro/software) translator (ah! I'm a Tellico translator too). Also, KDE-PT
co-admin (unreleased community, yet!).
That are basicly my contributions to the open source community.

My account would be to package some unusual/new apps (mostly Kapps - did you
figured out why?! ;-) ) since many apps are already packaged thanks to the
great (open)SUSE packagers we have :-D

To begin and release some RPMs that 'my' SUSEPT community wants, I created a
simple folder in my webhost here I upload my RPMs. You can take a look at
http://www.carlos.pinguix.com/suse/ - as you can see I only can build to SUSE
10.1 and to x86 so that's one more reason to want an account.

Best regards,
Carlos Gonçalves

¹ - Had the idea, together with some SUSEPT users, to mirror build service,
apt, ISOs and official updates. Found a sponsor (to the hard drive) and sent
it to NUX (Instituto Politécnico de Bragança's Linux Group) to host.
Now we are just checking the integrity of the mirror so in a few hours it
will be available.