Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc on SUSE 9.3 (missing python packages)
  • From: Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:43:47 +0100
Hi!

Am Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2006 01:18 schrieb Bernhard Walle:
> * Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-12-10 00:42]:
> > I suppose the missing packages have to be there somehow - otherwise the
> > pkg for 9.3 couldn't have been built, but it seems I'm blind...
>
> Is it really necessary to have the python modules available just to
> build the package? (i.e. to convert py in pyc). I don't think so, but
> I'm not sure ...

Possibly, you're right here, yes...

> Anyway, I also cannot find python-elementtree. I'm sure that somebody
> of the openSUSE:Tools maintainers will add it soon. :)

Ok, ic. Same goes for python-urlgrabber. It's also needed by osc and not
available in 9.3.

Should I contact the maintainers separately or write a bug or is this mail
sufficient?

In the meantime, I built those two packages in my home project. You can find
them here:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/yoda_gh/SUSE_Linux_9.3/.

Now osc works fine also on 9.3. :-)

--