[opensuse-buildservice] osc on SUSE 9.3 (missing python packages)
  • From: Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:42:51 +0100
Hi!

Has anyone a quick hint for me how to get osc running on SUSE 9.3? I tried
with the RPMs from the openSUSE:Tools project, but it won't work because
python-elementtree is not available for 9.3 (at least I couldn't find it).

After installing the osc package with --nodeps and manually installing the
Elementtree Python extension, a sub-feature called cElementTree seems to be
still missing:

> osc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/osc", line 6, in ?
from osc import commandline
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/osc/commandline.py", line 9, in ?
from core import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/osc/core.py", line 15, in ?
import cElementTree as ET
ImportError: No module named cElementTree

Did anyone succeed with that?

I suppose the missing packages have to be there somehow - otherwise the pkg
for 9.3 couldn't have been built, but it seems I'm blind...

--
Ciao,

Gernot