Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: 3D project in the buildservice
  • From: Pavel Nemec <pnemec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:35:43 +0100
Dne Wednesday 06 December 2006 10:15 Marcus Rueckert napsal(a):
> On 2006-12-06 07:58:03 +0100, Pavel Nemec wrote:
> > graphics:modelling is better IMHO (as Aqsis already suggest)
> >
> > I already have blender in my home project (home:pnemec) i will move it
> > there. Pavel
>
> while modelling fits for blender. it does not fit for aqsis for yafray.
> and graphics:rendering might do. but the aqsis team argued that
> rendering can be also 2d (like rendering svg e.g.)

I still think graphics:modeling is better, in spite of it will hold packages
for defining modeling, rendering, animating, or whatever.
I also do not get why separate and distinguish 3d and 2d. It is kind of
programmer approach IMHO, not user one.

> i think a project that collects all tools needed for 3d graphics might
> be nice. no matter if it is a render or modelling tool.

I think projects directories are not so important, just tell me where i should
move blender and i will do it. But, please do as few directories as
possible ;)

Pavel
--
Pavel Nemec