Re: [opensuse-buildservice] local Fedora_Extras_5 build?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:23:44 +0100
On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 11:29:56AM +0100, Thomas Anders wrote:
> Doing a local "osc build Fedora_Extras_5 i586 my.spec" currently fails with:
>
> - --- snip ---
> The following package could not be verified:
> /var/tmp/osbuild-packagecache/Fedora:Core5/standard/i386/SysVinit-2.86-2.2.2.i386.rpm:
> (SHA1) DSA sha1 md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#4f2a6fd2)
>

> - If the key is missing, install it first.
> For example, do the following as root:
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4f2a6fd2
> gpg --armor --export 4f2a6fd2 > /root/keyfile-4f2a6fd2
> rpm --import /root/keyfile-4f2a6fd2
>
> Then, just start the build again.
> - --- snap ---
>
> Isn't this something that "osc build" should take care of for me? Otherwise, am

osc could automatically do that in theory, yes, if people are fine with
that. However, it does not run as root, so it isn't really possible.

Do people want an option to disable gpg key checking?

> I expected to run the mentioned commands manually in the chroot? Or am I missing
> something else?

No, in the system. Those commands import the key into the systems's rpm
keychain, so the packages are verified even before the buildsystem is
started to set up.

If you have any suggestions how the text could be made clearer I'd be
grateful.

Thanks,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
  • No further messages