Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: games:data
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:40:40 +0100
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 12:37:14PM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

> > i would be in favor of fixing the thebuildservice so noarch is only
> > build once. than you can just create a new package inside the normal
> > game project and have the package build only once.
> >
> > another way to ensure your package is build only once:
> > disable the package for the x86_64 architecture.
> >
> > then it will be build on i586 only aswell.
> >
> > i dont think we need 2 projects here.
> >

> Darix,
>
> It's not only to build it 'once' per Repository (anyhow the file will
> be overwritten as it's noarch, it's just a waste of CPU power) but also
> the files stored on the disc only once, even while offering the game on
> severeal repos (10.0, 10.1, Factory, SLED).

It would be possible to disable the build of noarch packages for all
repos/archs besides one repo/arch, e.g. 10.1-i586, but who will
expect/find them in 10.1-i586? Introducing another repo, e.g. "noarch"
for noarch packages won't work either, since then you need to disable
all the non-noarch packages for this repo, which is pretty
inconvenient IMHO.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available