Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: games:data
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:37:14 +0100

>>> Reply on 15-11-2006 13:34:58 <<<> hi,
>
> i would be in favor of fixing the thebuildservice so noarch is only
> build once. than you can just create a new package inside the normal
> game project and have the package build only once.
>
> another way to ensure your package is build only once:
> disable the package for the x86_64 architecture.
>
> then it will be build on i586 only aswell.
>
> i dont think we need 2 projects here.

Darix,

It's not only to build it 'once' per Repository (anyhow the file will
be overwritten as it's noarch, it's just a waste of CPU power) but also
the files stored on the disc only once, even while offering the game on
severeal repos (10.0, 10.1, Factory, SLED).

Otherwise I have the need to put the Data RPM (which is 160MB) in ALL
the repos... and I'm just filling the server with almost 1GB like this.
I don't thik THAT would be much appreciated.

Dominique