Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC: games:data
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:50:33 +0100
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:05:21AM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> are there any objections of creating the project games:data?
>
> The sole purpose would be to store DATA Blobs of Games (I'd start
> filling it with DATA of UFO:AI, RC6 to be released soon).
> The idea is to have inside only a SINGLE repository, with a name like
> 'GENERIC'
>
> This would allow to have the data file only built a single time. The
> disadvantage for the user (at the moment) is the need to subscribe to
> two repos for the game to come in. (also look at other posts from me and
> Adrian on this topic).
>
> But I think that's still the better deal than having the Data blob (~
> 160MB for UFO) built several times.
>
> Post your comments please.

Looks ok to me. Against which repo/arch do you plan the packages in
games:data? How do you plan to name this %repo-%arch? I suggest to
link the packages in games:data in the project, where the non-data
package resides, and disable the build of them in this project to have
it somewhat self-documented, what we're doing here.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available