[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Repositories below http://software.opensuse.org/download/games:/
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:10:11 +0100

16:03 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> 13:06
> >
> > schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> > > We discussed to extend yum repos to support links to other repos
as
> > > well.
> > > This means you add the amarok4 repo for example and this
implicit

> > adds
> >
> > > also
> > > the KDE4 repo. When you remove amarok4 repo, the KDE4 repo
> disappears
> >
> > as
> >
> > > well.
> > > But this would be an extension to the current yum/rpm-md
format

> > which
> >
> > > needs
> > > to be discussed (and proposed in a valid way) on the yum ml.
> > >
> > > I would be happy if someone could spend some time on this issue
:)

> > > think

> > IS

implemented
> on
> > >
> > > the

> > Adrian, do you know if there is already something going on in this
> > direction?
>
> I do not think so.
>
> > If not, I could try to work out something on the yum ml, trying to
> feel
> > if such a thing would be completely new idea or how far something
> alike
> > is already developed there.
>
> That would be great :)
>
> bye
> adrian

Adrian,

The people from YUM ML are more than unwilling to implement any new
things inside YUM, they already claim it to be much to complicated :-)

BUT: a solution came up, which is already implemented and based on the
.repo files:
Such a file CAN contain more than one Repository including all infos,
like:
[channelName]
name=A sample repository
baseurl=http://..../BinaryRepo/OS/Version
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=.....
enabled=1

[channelName-data]
name=A sample data repository
baseurl=http://..../DataRepo/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=.....
enabled=1

By adding the .repo file, both Repos would be added.
This means, that we should try more to push the usage of these .repo
files than subscribing directly to a channel.

Do you know: can these repo files already be understood by
rug/zmd/libzypp/yast ? Maybe a small enhancement on them, that when
adding a repository they look for *.repo and interpred them (in case
only a URL, without a .repo is given)

And then one question for UFO:AI: I would like to move that one to
Games:Strategy:turn-based (which has not been done due to this
data-sharing problem).
Can the Build-Server be configured to have a games:data repository and
add that one as a 2nd repository in the .repo file of at least
games:strategy:turn-based? Probably it could suite other games as well:
I think Wesnoth, Torcs and so on also have unified DATA Files all over
the repositories. So this one could be added to all games:* repos.

Looing forward for a reply / comments

Dominique

< Previous Next >