Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:04:41 +0100
Hi Stanislav,

thanks for the details.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:53:28PM +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> I did a simple loop:
>
> for PACKAGE in $(<GNOME\:STABLE.lst) ; do
> if ! test -d $PACKAGE ; then
> PACKAGE=$PACKAGE EDITOR=/home/sbrabec/OSC/EDITOR osc createpac GNOME:STABLE $PACKAGE
> fi
> done
[...]
> After about 15 runs of this script it finally created all packages
> except gnome-pilot. I did not search deeper for reason.
> Typical problem was:
>
> File unchanged. Not saving.

This means that osc successfully fetched the meta from the server, but
EDITOR did not modify it.

Ah, or rather osc _thought_ it was unmodified because it uses a simple
timestamp to compare the file with. This is basically suitable for
humans editing, because they need more than a second... I can change
that to a real comparison. Meanwhile, you can add a small sleep ;)

On the other hand, it would be even nicer if there would be a facility
that wouldn't require you to work around with an EDITOR script at all.
Noted in the todo.

> Sometimes it reported a HTML error (sorry, it is scrolled out just now,
> but I guess it was 501).

I have no idea about this one.

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)