[opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:* projects in Build Service: current status
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:31:59 +0100
Hallo.

GNOME projects have been finally created. Simple description follows.

GNOME:STABLE:
This project contains packages from the stable branch of GNOME.
Current status: Initial sync was done. Will be synced with SuSE Linux
FACTORY. No development here. Please send any changes to GNOME
maintainers (sbrabec@xxxxxxx, rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx, gekker@xxxxxxxxxx) and
ask them to include them to factory. Each backport specific change must
use %if %suse_version.

GNOME:UNSTABLE:
Testing of forthcoming GNOME version. Once it will be considered as
stable, packages will be copied to GNOME:STABLE and further development
will continue in GNOME:UNSTABLE.
Current status: Independent development can be done here. No usable
packages are here.
If no packages will appear here soon, it is possible, that we will use
this repository after 10.2 release for testing of move of whole (STABLE)
GNOME to /usr.

GNOME:Community:
Repository for any related GNOME packages, opened for anybody, who wants
to participate, with no connection to SuSE Linux releases.

If anybody else is interested to become a maintainer, I can add him/her
to all of these projects.

Feel free to submit to any projects, but remember the sync policy. If
you will do any successful change in the synced project, please don't
forget to send the change to SuSE Linux GNOME maintainers. You will get
confirmation about accepting it to FACTORY.

There is not yet any policy about sync dates and times. I plan to do it
manually at least for next few weeks. Please suggest any future policy
(weekly, 2-3 times a week, daily, if package foo is building correctly
in factory, anything else).

Note: Maybe it is technically possible to check for changes from the
last sync, but I am not sure, whether it is / it is not an effective
way.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec