[opensuse-buildservice] how to carefully push a package
  • From: Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:29:14 +0100

into inclusion in the main distribution?
Are there defined milestones a packages must pass? (Besides a clean build, of course.)
What are showstoppers?

Is there a predefined way to work a package`s way up into OpenSuse?
Or does the intention to include packages from BS into OpenSuse even exist?

Is there some document that defines what should happen with BuildService´s packages in the long term?

I´m asking because I get regular requests from the R community if it would be possible to include R on the Suse-CDs. Can anyone with more knowledge say anything about it?

I´d be very happy to receive any hints.

Regards,
Detlef