Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:04:26 +0100
James Ogley wrote:

> GNOME:community then would allow community members (and remember, that
> includes staff) to build and host packages that do not currently, or
> simply will not ever, form part of the core [o]S GNOME install. It
> could then form a handy staging area for packages that may in future be
> included in the distro as well.
>
> Shall I create the GNOME:community project then? Would you (Stanislav,
> Gary, Rodrigo) like to be added to the group for it?

Feel free to create it.

> > Yes, that's a problem. For example FACTORY now has stable branch, but we
> > are after version upgrade freeze. In development phase it is OK to keep
> > both in sync (or even sync with GNOME:UNSTABLE), but now it would be no
> > more possible (if GNOME:STABLE will exist and be complete).

Well, just now I am creating GNOME:STABLE. Please let me know about
needed fixes and packages. I plan to add more application packages
later.

> So maybe GNOME:[UN]STABLE needs to have a FACTORY repo as well as the
> other ones. That way even once FACTORY itself is in version freeze,
> people using FACTORY can still use the updates in the BS.

Factory repository is in the intranet and has no connection to Build
Service (yet).
It is theoretically possible to create strictly read-only BS project
GNOME:FACTORY, but I don't see a reason for it.

Maybe we should define repository states as one of these:
- FACTORY goes to GNOME:STABLE (and GNOME:STABLE is read-only)
- FACTORY goes to GNOME:UNSTABLE (and GNOME:UNSTABLE is read-only)
- FACTORY is frozen, both repositories are read-write

Because just now we still fixing many problems for 10.2, I guess that we
can live up to 10.2 RC with the first.
It means, that all patches needed for Build Service needs to go to
FACTORY just now.

> > I am sorry, I planned to sync many packages from FACTORY to GNOME: but
> > did not yet find enough time to fix failures and other issues.
>
> That's okay, I imagine you're very busy. I still think it makes more
> sense for you to do the importing since you have access to autobuild.
> Once packages are imported, I can work on getting them to build
> (starting with glib2) and keeping them up to date.

OK I have created simple mirroring script and try to start with a
guessed package list in GNOME:STABLE.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec