[opensuse-buildservice] release number for moved packages
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:25:29 +0100
If we move or copy a package from one project to another, what happens
to the release number?

I suppose, it starts to count from the beginning. Is that correct?

This is a problem if I adjust the installation source for a moved
package, and the package might then never be updated until the release
number is higher again.

Here is such a case:

Installed Packages
zsh.i586 4.3.2-10.1 installed
Available Packages
zsh.i586 4.3.2-3.1 shells

I would like to see a way to keep this intact over the move (or
respectively, copy the starting release tag).

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)