Re: [opensuse-buildservice] GNOME:community [WAS: New project: usr-local-bin]
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:31:43 +0100
James Ogley wrote:
> > what GNOME version/packages do you mean? If it is 2.17, it might be a
> > good idea to package them.
>
> To an extent, that would depend on what Stanislav's plans for
> GNOME:UNSTABLE are - if that's going to be STABLE+1 then there's no need
> for it. If it's going to STABLE for platforms other than Factory, then
> GNOME:community could also include STABLE+1.

I guess that GNOME:UNSTABLE should be 2.17.x or so and GNOME:STABLE
2.16.x or so. I can add you to the group.

> My train of thought had actually been thus:
>
> Let's say metacity is at 2.16.3 in FACTORY and 2.16.4 is released with
> an important bug fix. I (or another community packager) might be able
> to package the update more quickly than a Novell staffer. Once the
> FACTORY version was updated, the GNOME:community version would not be
> picked up by package managers anymore but it could be a handy interim
> measure in that sort of situation.

Yes, that's a problem. For example FACTORY now has stable branch, but we
are after version upgrade freeze. In development phase it is OK to keep
both in sync (or even sync with GNOME:UNSTABLE), but now it would be no
more possible (if GNOME:STABLE will exist and be complete).

Are there any scripts for SuSE -> OpenSuSE synchronization, where we can
change rules?

I am sorry, I planned to sync many packages from FACTORY to GNOME: but
did not yet find enough time to fix failures and other issues.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer