Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build synchronization bug?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:54:09 +0100
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:41:43PM +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> > I have seen the same. If you change for example the spec file
> > twice times with "osc ci" commands in between I can see how the
> > build is scheduled -> building -> scheduled -> building. But each
> > build runs until it's finished.
>
> right, build job killing is not yet implemented.

I thought it was -- okay.

> Independend from that, I think the commit needs anyway to be atomar for all
> changes. Because you want to see later which files/changes did happen with
> one commit.

It is unrelated though.

Even with osc doing atomar commits, I (as a developer) will find myself
editing another file (changelog), and committing again. Forgetting
something, and so on. It is not reasonable to queue up the build jobs.

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
< Previous Next >