[opensuse-buildservice] Build synchronization bug?
  • From: Steve Beattie <sbeattie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 23:41:20 -0800
Hey,

I've noticed this a few times now: I'll commit an update to a package
(via osc if that matters) and then go to the website to watch the build
progress for that package. If it happens to be a point where the
buildservice is relatively idle, the package will usually have started
rebuilding against all of the repositories I've assigned.

On multiple occasions I've gone to view a build log for the package,
catching it in progress. I'll watch it continue building to completion,
only to discover at the end that it just rebuilt the *previous* version
of the package, If I then go back to the package status page, the package
will have had a new build kicked off for the same repository target;
returning to the log, it will indeed be a build for the newly committed
version of this package.

Is this known behavior? Expected behavior? Please let me know if there's
anything in the above that I need to clarify.

Thanks.
--
Steve Beattie
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.