[opensuse-buildservice] How to do an in-house top-level build of OpenSUSE?
  • From: "Mark E Mason" <mark.e.mason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:26:25 -0800
Hello,

I'm strongly considering attempting a build of OpenSUSE for an
architecture it does not support yet. I have other Linuxes such as
Debian and Gentoo running on this hardware, but not OpenSUSE. There was
a similar thread last month regarding SPARC.

There's the usual bootstrapping issues to work through (I think I can
handle those) - but, where should I look for the scripts/programs to
drive the top-level configure and build of a distribution? I've found
the BuildServer under svn - but it's not clear to me if that's the right
tool for this, or if it's overkill or ??? (or if it contains the
distribution configuration info).

Any thoughts or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mark