[opensuse-buildservice] %if wrapped BuildRequires lines
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:48:43 +0000
Ref: home:Riggwelter/gimp-unstable

I've tried to wrap my BuildRequires lines in a %if statement to verify
that the SUSE version is recent enough to contain certain packages (in
this case python-gnome-devel), it looks like this:

%if %suse_version >= 1020
BuildRequires: foo-devel bar-devel
%else
BuildRequires: foo-devel bar
%endif

This statement should use the first version for FACTORY and the second
for 10.1, however it seems to ignore the first ans always use the
second, even on FACTORY.

I'm asking here before filing a bug on bnc just to check that I've got
the syntax and %suse_version right (the latter seems correct according
to /usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros)
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org