Re: [opensuse-buildservice] New project: usr-local-bin
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:56:19 +0000
> I'm sure we all want James to put his GNOME packaging effort in that
> GNOME:whatever :-) But we need to make sure we don't duplicate effort
> between the internal packaging and the openSuSE packaging. Right now,
> what we can do is synchronize the internal packages to openSuSE, as is
> done with KDE AFAIK.
> Or anyway, James, what is your plan, package unstable GNOME?

I agree that we don't want to duplicate efforts, that would waste all
our time.

The way I would envisage a GNOME:community based on darix's suggestion
would be extra packages that don't form part of the core 'official'
GNOME builds (but could in the future)

So, I'd be thinking packages like
gnome-themes-extras/mail-notification/sensors-applet etc...

There'd also be the possibility of more recent versions of some packages
than would get added to the core GNOME builds like I have in my home
repo at the moment.
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org