[opensuse-buildservice] Recompile of linked projects on modification of original
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:03:59 +0200
Hi,

Should a linked project be recompiled when the 'original' is being
modified?

Example:
The game opencity in games:strategy:realtim is linked to home:dimstar.
Last evening, I modified the source in home:dimstar and it started to
rebuild there.

But the version in games:strategy:realtime did not rebuild. Not even,
when triggering a rebuild, it contained the same information as the
original (so it remained without the modifications I did in
home:dimstar).

Only deleting and recreating it worked.

Should projects in public places not be linked to the home: I
especially liked about this idea that I don't have to 'look for' 'my'
packages across many projects and I would have them all centralized in
my home:

Tell me if this is not working and I change my behaviour.. that's
probably easier than changing the behaviour of BS

Dominique