Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Queueing system 'Waiting for Build'
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:47:17 +0200
On Friday 20 October 2006 13:23, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Hi BS-Admins and BS-Developers,
>
> I was wondering if there is already a smart Q-System integrated in BS
> (to me appears it's not, or it's not working).
>
> Let's assume (using the webinterface):
>
> I modify a SPEC File, then click save.
> -> This triggers automatically a Rebuild of the Package
>
> The package get's in the Q to be built.
> For some weird reasons, I remember that I wanted to make another
> modification in the SPEC File, so I open it again for modification,
> apply everything and click Save.
> -> This triggers automatically a Rebuild (again)
>
> I think in this case we could all agree, that it's a waste to leep the
> first trigger active, especially if the build is still waiting and has
> not been started yet.
I would not expect that the first trigger stays active. I would expect that
the first trigger is removed from the Q and the second gets added. As a
result, there is only one active.

However, that's not the best solution and I remember that we discussed
changing that (or developing towards). You can mark a package as "I am
working on it" and after having finished, you put it into the Q by
clicking on a button.
There are also probs with that (what happens with packages that never
get into a "please build me" state because the maintainer forgot?)
etc., but I think that is the way to go.

Klaas

--
Klaas Freitag
Novell - SUSE R&D - Internal Tools