Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Repositories below http://software.opensuse.org/download/games:/
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:53:29 +0200
Am Thursday 19 October 2006 13:06 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Some time ago (a bit more than a month) I sent this question and
> apparently there were no answers or no ideas or nobody has seen a desire
> for it, or I just missed them). So I try again. In case it was replied:
> PLEASE EXCUSE ME.
>
> So:
>
> would it be possible to have something like a SuperRepo above the
> repositories
> below http://software.opensuse.org/download/games:/ ?
>
> This would allow someone to have ALL the categories in his Installer
> without the need to add them all seperately by category.

I am not sure, if a super-repo makes sense, because you will run very likely
into dependency conflicts and multiple choices for one package. This would
lead to lots of questions by the package solver.

However, it would make sense to collect _some_ repos together, IMHO.

We discussed to extend yum repos to support links to other repos as well.
This means you add the amarok4 repo for example and this implicit adds also
the KDE4 repo. When you remove amarok4 repo, the KDE4 repo disappears as
well.
But this would be an extension to the current yum/rpm-md format which needs
to be discussed (and proposed in a valid way) on the yum ml.

I would be happy if someone could spend some time on this issue :)

> don't misunderstand me: I like the split in this cattegory, and I think
> it's important, but it would also be very interesting to have the
> possibility to subscribe only to one Repository (technically, it IS
> possible... remains just the question, if it can be implemented on the
> Build Service).

bye
adrian