[opensuse-buildservice] Moving UFO:AI to games:startegy:turn based
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:47:53 +0200
Dear Holger, dear all

As we already talked together, we had the Idea to move the game UFO:AI
to the Games:Strategy:Turn Based directory, where it would perfectly
fit.

For this I have several questions, especially related to the ufoai-data
package:

- Can there be a separate repository only for ufoai-data, to avoid it
to be built for all platforms (like 10.1, 10.0, SLED and so on)? In this
special Repo of course, nothing else would have to be built. The problem
with UFO:AI is the excessive amount of data files being pushed to the
client (160MB!) that should not be duplicated to multiple repos if
possible (see also discussion in the buildservice-mailinglist about
this)? Maybe something like games:strategy:turnbased:uniform data
packages

And then a point of usability: If the first one can be done: can it
easily be achieved that, when rug is instructed to install ufoai, it
grabs the datafile frm 'games:strategy:turnbased:uniform data packages',
even though it would not be subscribed? Honestly, I guess not and in
general I would even say I HOPE NOT! That would be a security nightmare
:-)

So better: can the package ufoai contain some information on how to get
the ufoai-data package? Like 'For installing ufoai, you require also to
subscribe to the repository 'games:strategy:turnbased:uniform data
packages', as otherwise the Data-Files are not available' ?

Looking forward for an answer,

Dominique