Re: [opensuse-buildservice] iChain works for you?
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:50:33 +0200
On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:29:38AM +0200, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:17:00AM +0200, Jiri Dluhos wrote:
> > The only slightly disturbing moment is the fact that the iChain tends to
> > disconnect after some time of inactivity, so if I keep the OSB open in a
> > window, do something else and then do refresh, I need to re-login.
> >
> > But that is understandable from security point of view, so OK.
>
> Isn't this a bit questional, where browsers are capable of (and used for)
> saving and filling-in passwords?
>
> It is rather an inconvenience, IMO.

I second this. Mike (Fabian) asked mls to support also
build.opensuse.org via rudin proxy because of this inconvenience. He
told him, that these relogins shouldn't be required. Otherwise it
wouldn't be a bug in the implementation. I don't know more
details. Hmm ...

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available