Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE build service goes iChain
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:40:05 +0200
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 06:03:45PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
> we will switch tomorrow at 15:00 UTC the authentification system of the build
> service to iChain. This means that we will have some hickups around this time,
> esp until the DNS records have been updated.
>
> This does NOT mean that the build service will be open for everybody, but it
> does mean that you can use the same account/password as for the wiki also for
> the build service.

Will the current buildservice accounts be deactivated, and only the
iChain accounts will work?

Then you _need_ to adjust the account/password in .oscrc to the
iChain/wiki credentials -- or osc won't be able to log in anymore.

> We will also introduce https for the api, which means that you also need a new
> osc tool with the URL (or you can reconfigure it manually).

No, the old osc tool can not simply be reconfigured. There are some
urllib extensions (for PUT and DELETE) which did not handle https
transparently; but I'm in the process of building new osc packages.
(It will be configurable then :-)

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)