Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [RFC] Blob & Conquer
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:30:48 +0200
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 01:48:20PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Peter,
>
> thank you very much for these information, of course it is absolutely
> no problem to provide a single Data-RPM for ALL distributions.
>
> I have two questions on this topic now:
> - Can you point me out on how to 'disable' the build on different
> distributions (or even better: disable all except one?)

I bet it is documented somewhere but I'm afraid I don't know where; I
can only point you to where I would look. There is a template that osc
uses for new packages which shows examples. You see it if you enter
osc createpac <prj> <newpac>.

Then, there is a real-life example which you can look at with
osc meta Subversion neon
(the neon package in the Subversion project)

The tags themselves look like this:
<disable arch="x86_64"/>
<disable repository="SUSE_SLES-9"/>
<disable repository="SUSE_SLES-9" arch="x86_64"/>

> And then more a endu-ser related question:
> Let's assume I build the Data-RPM for openSUSE 10.1 (as noarch of
> course), then if somebody subscribes the 10.2 repo, there is no problem,
> as the ufoai rpm has a 'requires ufai-data' statement, it will be
> found.
> But if somebody subscribes the 10.2 repository, the data-package would
> not be found. Any suggestions for a filesystem link in this case?
>
> The concern is especially important for people that are using rug /
> yast / 'whatever else than plain rpm' to be able to install the package
> as well.

Yes, I thought about that one when I suggested the above.
I don't have a good suggestion though, other than pointing to the right
repository by documentation, or maybe setting up a merged installation
source somewhere else. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Regards,
Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
< Previous Next >