Re: [opensuse-buildservice] [RFC] Blob & Conquer
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:33:12 +0200
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 11:56:14AM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> SuSE 10.1 and the binary of UFO:AI (not installable, as the question for
> the data file, which is 160MB has not been answered on the mailinglist
> yet. Most probably, I won't be able to provide UFO:AI as I initially
> wished, due to it's size.

Maybe it can be packaged (built) in a way that it is at least not built
twentyfold, when only one rpm is suitable for more than one arch, or
even for different distribution version? (Sounds entirely possible for a
noarch package.)

Then it wouldn't seem so daunting, and with a few hundred Megabytes it
wouldn't actually use more space than (I guess) Apache which is built on
10 targets or so.

The package meta understands 'disable' tags to disable build on certain
targets.

Peter
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Bug, bogey, bugbear, bugaboo:
Research & Development A malevolent monster (not true?);
From: Chris Young (The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form)
< Previous Next >