Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with noarch packages (systemmanagement:misc/puppet)
  • From: "Martin Vuk" <mrcin.vuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:43:44 +0200
Hi,

2006/10/4, Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>:
additionally ... if your ruby library is provided as gem, you should
package it as gem. (see rubygem-* packages) mostlikely another gem will
depend on it. so having it as rubygem-* rpm makes it possible to use it
from gems and use it directly from other libraries/scripts.
I agree. I don't think the library is used at the moment by other
gems, but it might be in the future. The problem is that the gems
don't install the binaries, initscripts and such. So now I have two
packages

puppet.rpm which provides library and binaries for the client and
puppet-server.rpm providing the server part

So what do you suggest? Should I split the library part in
gemruby-puppet.rpm and daemons, binaries and other stuff to puppet.rpm
and puppet-server.rpm?

Martin