Re: [opensuse-buildservice] UFO:AI only SRC.RPM built?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:05:23 +0200

>>> Reply on 02-10-2006 17:00:19 <<<>
> It is supplied outside the BS in runable binary form. It comes with
an
> autopackage installer, and runs cleanly on OpenSUSE.
>
> However, for me this doesn't rule out the BS for me, as I would like
> have the game in RPM form. Also, the BS would make it possibly
available
> for other architectures, I am sure the developers would be happy to
see
> someone build a x86_64 version of their game.

On a x86_64 system, the installer failed fatal when I last tried it.
The installer did not get started. I had to unpack the selfinstaller
manually to get to all the required files.

Another advantage of the RPM I built so far (without the data part) is
the fact, that it installt system wide (so for all users) and it also
creates an icon in the start menu. Something the installer just does not
do in general. And this is imho a feature the not-so-pro users might
still require.

Dominique
< Previous Next >