Re: [opensuse-buildservice] UFO:AI only SRC.RPM built?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:21:37 +0200
Am Monday 02 October 2006 10:25 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > on the weekend I created the packages for UFO:AI 2.0rc5, but in a
> > > strange way, only the src.rpm is built.
> > > As far as I can see, the spec file should be ok, isn't it?
> >
> > I have not looked into it yet, but most likely you have some
> >
> > %if %blah_fasel
>
> No, there are no %if - statements in the spec file (or I can not
> remember putting them)
> If you have time, you can have a look at the spec file. it's in the
> home:dimstar project (ifa-ai)

You use %(buildroot} instead %{buildroot} which leads to the failure ...

> > statement somewhere and blah_fasel is not defined.
> >
> > > And the even bigger problem is the ufo-ai-data package: I just
>
> can't
>
> > > upload the mappack.tar.bz2 to the buildservice; the file is about
> >
> > 160MB
> >
> > > in size and is absolutelz needed by UFO:AI (as a noarch data
> >
> > package).
> >
> > Urgs ... you will most likely anyway run into quota limits later ...
>
> Ups... that will be bad. Any solution possibilities for this?

We will be able to raise the limits, but I do not see us to be a large content
deliver service, I do see us in a build service in first place.

But we are community driven, so when you get enough votes by the users that we
should indeed put this amount of data to our mirrors, you will get it ;)

> > > An alternative way to post big files than by HTTP would be greatly
> > > appreciated (ftp for example?)
> >
> > It needs to be fixed, we will not build different interfaces, because
>
> it
>
> > will
> > only mess up the API.
>
> I see. Any timeframe for this?
> I think as a short term solution I'll just split the bz2 in several
> smaller junks. thus having multiple source files to unpack. This should
> work without problems.
>
> What's the maximal working size per file to upload at the moment (known
> to work)? And how much is the quota?

It is not implemented yet (one of the reasons, why our service is not public
yet).