Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help with %files for monopod spec file
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:01:53 +0200
Hi,

On 2006-09-26 22:13:56 +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> On 9/26/06, James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On Tuesday 26 September 2006 1:25 pm, Cameron Seader wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >> Anyone willing to help in the creation of %files for my monopod spec
> >> file. The project is under home:cseader monopod. Unless anyone has any
> >> good docs on how to create your %files that would be great too. I'm
> >> still learning this stuff, and any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >I usually just build it with an empty %files section, and look at the log.
> >At
> >the end you'll see a complete list of files that got installed that were
> >not
> >in the %files section.
>
> Yeah, thats what I do, there sure must be a better way of doing this?

Hmm there's another way but i really don't like it.
For instance you can build your file-list with some 'find' commands:
cd %{buildroot}

find . -type d | sed -e 's/^\./%dir /g' > filelist
find . -type f | sed -e 's/^\.//g' >> filelist

%files -f %{buildroot}/filelist

But if you want to build good and proper package create your file list
manually.
(just my 2 cents)

Marcus

Ps. sorry for not replying to the list directly..